Great day to you all,
Some brief info to share with u all, regarding BP :
- Normal blood pressure for an adult is LESS THAN 120/80 mmHg.
- PREhypertension (high normal blood pressure) in an adult is 120/80 mmHg to 139/89 mmHg.
- Stage 1 hypertension (high blood pressure) in an adult is 140/90 mmHg to 159/99 mmHg.
- Stage 2 hypertension (high blood pressure) in an adult is 160/100 mmHg and higher
Some simple questions on BP :
*** Most people with high blood pressure don't have any symptoms unless it is very high.
Thus, high blood pressure is often called "the silent killer."
1) High blood pressure affects more than half of individuals over age 60 years. [TRUE ]
2) Controlling one's blood pressure has been shown to reduce the risk for stroke, heart attack and heart failure. [TRUE]
3) A blood pressure of 139/89 will not increase one's risk of heart disease. [FALSE ]
Normal BP is less than 120 / 80.
4) Most people with high blood pressure can be controlled with ONLY ONE DRUG. [ FALSE ]
You will forced to consume plenty of drugs just become of BP problems.
Bear in mind, often MANY peoples WILL ONLY realize they have BP problems when they really have a bad health condition. Refer ***
5) The systolic blood pressure (top number) tends to increase throughout one's life.
Some links related to this post available in my blog (just key in keyword onto the Google Tab on the above right hand corner ), examples Cholesterol & health and Stroke :
Cholesterol and Health :
Take care, my dear friends !