• Coffee, in short term benefits of heightened awareness / alertness and more energy, but long term may result in a crash after each consumption to lower levels of energy than previously thereby necessitating another cup and another cup, etc. Thus, it may be addictive and ultimately may result in adrenal exhaustion.
• Even though coffee has never been conclusively linked to cancer, it does contain acknowledged carcinogens such as caffeine and other chemicals produced by the high heat of roasting such as creosote, pymdine, tars, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
• Caffeine interferes with adenosine, a brain chemical that normally has a calming effect.
• Cortisol levels are raised which in turn results in constriction of the blood vessels, harder pumping of the heart and higher blood pressure. (Constriction of blood vessels is also a benefit)
• Coffee has been associated with low birth weight, birth defects, miscarriages, premature birth, inability to conceive, and sluggish sperm.
• Coffee irritates the stomach lining causing an increase of stomach acid leading to digestive disorders.
• Coffee has high amounts of vitamin K, which affects coagulability of the blood – bad for people at risk of heart attack, stroke and blood clots.
• Decreases quality of sleep.• Caffeine may cause problems with blood sugar control after meals for type 2 diabetics.
• Coffee excites more rapid peristaltic movements of the intestines resulting in shorted transit times and less absorption of nutrients.
• Coffee hampers the absorption of essential minerals and vitamins such as magnesium, zinc, iron, potassium, and B’s.
• Coffee contributes to caries in the teeth.
• Coffee stimulates more frequent urination and subsequent loss of various vitamins and minerals such as B, C, calcium, iron and zinc.
• Caffeine may aggravate osteoporosis by leaching calcium from the bones.• Caffeine may increase intraocular pressure in persons with glaucoma.
• Coffee may interfere with proper levels of homocysteine and cholesterol by inhibiting vitamins folate, B12 or B6.
• Coffee is one of most heavily pesticide sprayed crops.
• Caffeine aggravates stress in people who drink it every day.
• There are scientific studies that refute most if not all of the above listed negative effects.
• Many of the old studies showing the bad effects of coffee may be attributed to not taking into account whether the person also smoked. In addition, coffee drinkers before 1975 used unfiltered and percolated coffee. After 1975, the filters for preparing coffee removed most of the chemicals, like terpenes, that cause elevations in homocysteine and cholesterol resulting in better results. Also, early Finnish studies when people still drank boiled coffee had higher risk of rheumatoid arthritis. Later studies using coffee preparations other than boiled did not show an associated rheumatoid arthritis risk.
• Caffeine increases intellectual activity when fatigued or bored.
• Caffeine speeds up fat metabolism during exercise while conserving glycogen and glucose thereby maintaining brain activity and reducing hunger.
• Caffeine prevents crystallization of cholesterol and reduces risk of development of gallstones.
• Coffee has a protective effect against cirrhosis of the liver.
• Coffee has shown a protective effect against colon cancer likely due to enhanced colonic activity of the colon and antimutagenic components in coffee.• Coffee may lower the incidence of Parkinson’s disease due to high anti-oxidant activity.
• The theophylline in coffee may be protective against asthma.
• Coffee has four times the anti-oxidants of Green Tea, makes an excellent anti-depressant, and enhances performance and memory
• Caffeine dilates the arteries of the brain and may counter migraines. (Caffeine is also a cause of migraines.)
• Coffee may reduce the incidence of kidney stones by increasing the flow of urine and decreasing its concentration
• Coffee lessens the incidence of bladder cancer in smokers due to its diuretic effect.
• Minerals like magnesium and antioxidants may contribute to coffee being shown to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
• Coffee has the ability to reduce the release of histamine from mast cells thereby having anti-allergic properties.
Well, the conclusion is ....? Be moderate.... in whatever foods or drinks that you consume. Think before eat ! Nothing wrong to enjoy food,always be cautious and moderate... no one ask you to stop eat this or that (this situation will only happen when you hit the 'jackpot' -You are sick). P/S-Coffee,in making me aware and alert when i am sleepy..... it never does work ! What i believe is that,normally, ' sleeping sickness' occur because of a person has low spirit/lack of motivations...
Birthday: 27th February.
True essences in friendship can only be unwind with time . Prove to me that you are worthy to earn my friendship & trust and i'll show u three folds in return. A simple being and peace lover.
How many forms can love take out there in this world?
We all live with our own burdens to bear,
As family,friends, and comrades,all sought the same goal,
Because of their support, i was made into who i am today,
Now i can see that i was living oblivious to,
The important things that had always been right next to me,
None of us were born to live alone,
And so,since we are fortunate enough to exist in this world,
If everybody have to say goodbye,
Until then, i want to fill your days with smiles,...
From the song- Wish by Sowelu, D Gray man ending theme no.6
You've held my wounded hand so many times
As we've walk on this uncertain path of nothing but anxiety
Within the days that slowly flowed by
Everything/Memories that we gathered over those slowly flowing days
Has become so warm and precious
Hey, while the time is still like this, let's laugh together and keep walking
Because you're here, I can go on As now as our thoughts become one And show us the road, So don't ever let go of my hand...
When I look back, you're always there
And I was able to walk in the deep, dark forest
Certainly we've stumbled
But the thread that we tied
Won't become undone so easily
Hey, while the time is still like this, let's support ourselves and walk together Because I'm here, we should advance forward Now our wishes, one by one Turn into the road, so I'll walk on with my feet
The important thing now turns into you
Hey, while the time is still like this, let's laugh and walk Because you're here, I can advance forward Now our thoughts become one And show us the road, so I'll never, ever let go of my hand... -Lyric from a song -Aruiteikou,sung by Jungo Yoshida. Give this JAPANESE song a try.
Masterpiece poetry and wonderful songs and musics(the choices of language and types is not a matter at all) is a must in a persons life,try it one day and you would understand clearly of my words............
1. How many mountains and rivers must i cross to reach the country where there is no loneliness,
Even though i know no such country actually exist, i too set out on a new journey today.
2. Things that i have thought were coincidences Weren't coincidences,since i was able to meet you like this, Wrapped in your arms We share dreams and shed tears But it is ok,u are by my side I am only myself right nowfrom inside my body, my soul I see a dream,i see a dream I called your name again n again The rain that fell on my heart was so cold But when u look back ad smile It was like a bright ray,shining in my life And i feel the warmth No matter what i'll have to go through Everything will be forgiven and one day dissolved away There is a place waiting for us Here and now....
' U CAN TRAVEL GREAT DISTANCE WHEN YOU HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF AND YOUR FELLOW MAN '.